FORUMS: list search recent posts

corrupt file in firestore

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Graham Vedmore
corrupt file in firestore
on Jul 14, 2009 at 6:58:41 pm

I notice quite a few people having problems with corrupt files when they try to upload using log and transfer in FCP. I have had a battery failure which has left me with an upload problem from an fs100 in P2 format. I have got the dreaded exclamation mark and FCP log and transfer refuses to upload this clip but remains idle. I can preview the clip on log and transfer, I can see it there and hear the sound. It is 18 minutes long and quite brilliant but how do I get it to upload?
Holdan told me that it was finished and that I had no chance. Yet how can this be if I can see it then it is there. I tried repair clip but this hasn't worked and I don't want to try repair disc in case I lose what I have got.
I have seen plenty of Cow posts on this matter but what I really want is to know the solution because nobody ever writes in and says that they had a success.
I really need some help on this one men.
Many thanks in anticipation

Return to posts index

Christopher Wright
Re: corrupt file in firestore
on Jul 15, 2009 at 7:29:37 pm

Graham,

Definitely try to repair the clip in the Firestore itself.
It won't affect the other "good clips."
Also from now on, shoot only in Quicktime format with the Firestore.
Your log and capture FCP P2 nightmares will end,
and you can just drag the QT files into a FCP bin and start editing immediately.
When I have had either a battery go dead or the Firewire cable pulled while shooting,
I have still always been able to extract the QT file on the FS-100 up until the "accident" happened. P2 mode on the FS is less forgiving.

Dual 2.5 G5, IO, Kona LH, IO, Medea Raid, UL4D, NVidia 6800, 4Gig RAM
Octocore 8 GB Ram, Radeon card, MBP, MXO
Windows Vista Adobe Studio CS4, Vegas 8.0, Lightwave 9.3, Sound Forge 9, Acid Pro 7, Continuum 5, Boris Red 4, Combustion 2008, Sapphire Effects

Return to posts index

Graham Vedmore
on Jul 15, 2009 at 8:34:10 pm

Thanks ... I will. After a lot of work and worry I got my clip out (in bits) ... No more P2 on firestore for me. I'm still convinced that firestore is worthwhile. I bought a second one recently. In future I'll mount the thing on a Noga arm in front of me so that I can see the battery status indicator.
When the battery ran out it was mounted behind me on a DV Rig-Pro.
The interface with the firestore is poor to say the least ... complicated with no explanatory.
Holdan weren't much good either they told me to forget it - some help.
I've just run a Quicktime test and that looks OK now.
Many thanks
Graham Vedmore
Weddingvideoshop.com

Return to posts index

Christopher Wright
on Jul 17, 2009 at 6:12:28 pm

Another thing you should always do is check that the red "record" button is always on in your camera viewfinder when recording to the FS. If there is any problem with the FS at all, the red record button will not be lit.

Dual 2.5 G5, IO, Kona LH, IO, Medea Raid, UL4D, NVidia 6800, 4Gig RAM
Octocore 8 GB Ram, Radeon card, MBP, MXO
Windows Vista Adobe Studio CS4, Vegas 8.0, Lightwave 9.3, Sound Forge 9, Acid Pro 7, Continuum 5, Boris Red 4, Combustion 2008, Sapphire Effects

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]