FORUMS: list search recent posts

problem dubbing from p2 card to tape

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gabi Norland
problem dubbing from p2 card to tape
on Jul 13, 2009 at 10:21:38 pm

I shot a project on my hvx which was just on dv. I shot a bit of timelapse to card, thinking that i would dub it off to tape in the camera, which i have done before with slo mo footage.
I recorded the timelapse footage 576i, 50p, and in the dvcpro format (kind of accidentally as i was setting up the timelapse shot in a rush)
my camera now won't dub off my rushes to tape, though it'll play them back fine.
it'll dub off other rushes, shot in 720p hd.
anyone got any idea what's going on?

thanks!

Return to posts index

Jon Wilson
dubbing from p2 card to dv cam
on Nov 7, 2009 at 8:15:30 pm

Hi
I am shooting a doco on P2 but the client wants to have the rushes dubbed daily on to DVCAM. Is there anyway of achieving this direct from camera. My own time consuming solution was to import into FCP and then print to tape. Anyway help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

gabi Norland
Re: dubbing from p2 card to dv cam
on Nov 8, 2009 at 12:33:55 am

As far as i'm aware, DVCAM is a strictly sony format, so your solution to go through final cut and output to a sony deck or camera seems the best. You can however dub your rushes onto mini dv in camera on the hvx200, and if your client would accept minidv rather than dvcam, it would clearly be a much simpler task. And really,the difference between the minidv and dvcam formats is fairly minor.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]