FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2 Cards and P2 Genie

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt King
P2 Cards and P2 Genie
on Jul 12, 2009 at 12:21:38 pm

Hello,

I am on a road trip and would like to find out if anyone can help me before I do something and mess up the shoot.

I am using 16 GB P2 cards and the software P2 Genie to move the files to 2 backup hard drive via an adapter that holds the cards and connects to my MacBook Pro through the slot on the left side of the machine. I moved 4 cards over and had no trouble. But tried again and got the error:

"Error. Current Card is Empty. Please empty and check the backup and restart the backup process."

I have rebooted and restarted and every other thing I can think of. I have used different cards and even reformatted a card and I still get the error.

The problem is the cards are not empty and I haven't got another way of getting the information off the cards except for manually copying all the files.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thank you.

-Matt K

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: P2 Cards and P2 Genie
on Jul 12, 2009 at 1:35:37 pm

I use a similar system to offload P2s and have never seen this. Try re-seating the adaptor in the slot, repair permissions and then reboot. You might also try to reininstall the adaptor's driver and the P2 driver. Otherwise, you'll have to do it manually. Be sure to copy both the contents folder and lastclip file into separate folders for each card.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.5 QT7.5.5 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor
ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE Enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5

Final Cut Studio 2 (up to date)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jul 12, 2009 at 4:13:03 pm

What adaptor? P2 Genie is EOL, switch to Shotput Pro.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Jul 12, 2009 at 5:47:12 pm

Listen to Jeremy. Spend the money on Shotput Pro and save your shoot.

P2 Genie has a flaw in the software. It will continue to offload your P2 cards when your hard drives are full.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]