FORUMS: list search recent posts

AG-HVX200P saving scene files

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jay mcloughlin
AG-HVX200P saving scene files
on Jul 9, 2009 at 3:45:21 pm

I'm having trouble withthis camera regarding saving of scene files to the SDcard. I go to Card functions then Scene File>Yes, it comes up: File Select 1,( the top says SCENE FILE (SD Card), if I go down to read>yes, I get: READ NG no file, If I try write I get nothing. I am following steps laid out on Panasonics website, yet it doesnt happen the way they say. after Scene File>yes, shouldn't I get a choice of the files pre-loaded on the camera? All the files are blue and say NO FILE.

I have re-formatted 2 SD cards, re-booted, tried everything I can think of. I did this once before with a different hvx200. Is it possible the 200P is a different model,that doesn't allow this? Or is my SD slot somehow configured to do something else. Couldn't find a manual online , so any help would help.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: AG-HVX200P saving scene files
on Jul 9, 2009 at 8:29:33 pm

Did you format the card in camera?

Then you have to write a file before you can read a file.

Return to posts index

jay mcloughlin
on Jul 10, 2009 at 2:06:52 pm

Thanks for the responce. I did this once before. Yes the card has been formatted. I go to Card Functions. Scroll down to Scene File, choose YES, the screen changes to SCENE FILE(SD CARD). FILE SELECT 1(or 2-4), READ yes or no, or WRITE yes or no, if I choose WRITE/YES, it goes to a TITLE EDIT Page default to TITLE 1, then push menu, it goes back to SCENE FILE (SD CARD), and underneath it says NO CARD.
At no time do I see the scene files that are on the camera, in order to choose 1

Return to posts index

jay mcloughlin
on Jul 10, 2009 at 4:05:37 pm

I formatted 2 different cards, and tried 2 diff. cameras. I'm just not able to see the scene files that are on the camera in order to read them to a card. Is there some internal menu setting? The panasonic website explains it very simply, yet it doesn't work that way> huh

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jul 10, 2009 at 4:48:36 pm

Let me get this straight as I think I misunderstood you. I apologize. You are trying to take scene file from your camera and save it to an SD card?

Jeremy

Return to posts index

jay mcloughlin
on Jul 10, 2009 at 10:18:09 pm

Hey Jeremy, thanks for responding. I figured it out. When I got to the READ screen, and say YES, it tok me to a Title Edit where you name the file. In a kind of convoluted way, you have to navigate up to three dashes, that you can toggle to YES. That saves the scene file to the SD card. As per panasonics website you have to do this first. then take the card to a computer and trash the scene txt fils and replace them with their additional looks. Such as Filmic. I finally did get it right. Thanks

Return to posts index

Ale Tardone
on Sep 2, 2009 at 11:00:23 pm

excuse me I ask you a question
I want to know:
is possible upload files scenes with cameras European PAL version? (HVX200)
(I ask this because I will try to record in 24fps)

thanks in advance
and excuse me for my English
Alessandro

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]