FORUMS: list search recent posts

Duplicate files on P2 cards

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Jordan
Duplicate files on P2 cards
on Jun 29, 2009 at 1:48:01 am

I just shot 3 quick test shots w/my HPX300.

My P2 card had just been reformatted.

I wanted to test the transfer of files to my laptop and ingest.

Once the 3 shots were complete, I connected the camera to my MBP via USB with a 500Gb firewire HD connected to the laptop.

I copied the contents folder & text file to the Firewire HD.

Launched FCP and Log & Transfer was perfect. But then I looked....it imported 6 files. I went ahead and dragged them to the Queue and it rendered all six.

I then looked at my laptop's capture folder and these are the files I saw. (see attached image)

Why did I get duplicates?

Dual Core, 3GHz, OS 10.5.7, 16GB Ram, 2 TB internal HD, 8TB External Raid, FCP 6.0.5, Sound Track Pro, AE, Squeeze for the Web...HPX300 Camera.
Owner of Full Graphics Design Firm Houston, Tx 19 yrs.
Mac user since 1988.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Duplicate files on P2 cards
on Jun 29, 2009 at 2:19:13 pm

In the L&T window did you have 3 or 6 files showing?

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.5 QT7.5.5 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor
ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE Enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5

Final Cut Studio 2 (up to date)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Martin Jordan
on Jun 29, 2009 at 7:38:04 pm

I had 6.

And in the top left window where the clips came in, the top 3 clips had the little blue circle selected.

I dragged all 6 to the queue and all 6 rendered to full .mov's.

Dual Core, 3GHz, OS 10.5.7, 16GB Ram, 2 TB internal HD, 8TB External Raid, MacBook Pro (MBP) 2.6 GHz, Dual Core, 10.5.7, FCP 6.0.5, Sound Track Pro, AE, Squeeze for the Web...HPX300 Camera.
Owner of Full Graphics Design Firm Houston, Tx 19 yrs.
Mac user since 1988.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Jun 29, 2009 at 8:33:57 pm

I'm assuming you only have 1 copy of the MXF file on your card (and/or drive). Was the blue circle completely filled? That means the entire clip was transferred. If it's half filled that means only a portion of the clip (you set an in and out) was transferred. What were the exact steps you took? Normally, in the L&T window I point to the folder on my drive that contains the MXFs. Then, after the clips appear, I review a clip, set ins and outs, and add that to the queue and the clips appears in my Logging bin.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.5 QT7.5.5 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor
ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE Enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5

Final Cut Studio 2 (up to date)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]