FORUMS: list search recent posts

Log and Transfer with only Audio & Video Folders

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Walker
Log and Transfer with only Audio & Video Folders
on Jun 19, 2009 at 9:45:49 pm

When copying the contents folder over, only the Audio and Video folders copied and without looking I formatted the cards. Log and Transfer in FCP will not allow any clips in. Is there a way to restore the clip, proxy, voice, and icon folders? I'm guessing that is why it won't allow it in?

I've copied the folders back onto the P2 card but nothing shows up on the camera when looking at the cards. I thought maybe the repair clip function might work, but can't get it to recognize anything.

Any advice would be appreciated.

-Stephen

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Log and Transfer with only Audio & Video Folders
on Jun 20, 2009 at 7:18:08 am

Without the FULL card structure, FCP will not import via LOG and TRANSFER. Now you need to look at third party options, like MXF4QT, Raylight and Calibrated.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

David Dobson
on Jun 20, 2009 at 3:30:58 pm

Adobe Premiere Pro (PC - CS4 or 3) can import the Video and Audio Files independent of the file structure though without the XML files it will may not be able to link the footage - but the file names are identical except for the extension, so it wouldn't be hard (just tedious) to sync the audio. Not sure if that is possible in FCP.

Return to posts index

Stephen Walker
on Jun 20, 2009 at 3:49:47 pm

I appreciate the help guys. I will always double check myself from now on. Thanks for the responses. This will be a huge help. I'll let you know how it goes.

Return to posts index

Adam Smith
on Jun 21, 2009 at 3:37:05 am

If you pick up Panasonic's free P2CMS, it comes with a quicktime import plug-in, allowing you to view the MXF files directly in quicktime. It also allows you to import those files into FCP just like any quicktime movie - just drag and drop into a bin, with no re-wrapping - but you'll have to import and sync the audio and video separately.

- - -
Video Photographer / Avid & Final Cut Editor

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 21, 2009 at 10:07:29 pm

Do you have the 'CLIP' folders?

Return to posts index

Stephen Walker
on Jun 22, 2009 at 4:16:14 pm

No. Only the Audio and Video folders copied over. I downloaded the P2CMS but can't get it to bring in the video clips yet.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 22, 2009 at 4:29:46 pm

That's because the CLIP folder can actually control the files and contains all kinds of information about the audio and video MXFs.

You will most likely need a third party application to help sort this out.

Now that you have downloaded an installed P2CMS, try bringing in the VIDEO folder to FCP as has been mentioned.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Stephen Walker
on Jun 22, 2009 at 4:28:35 pm

Got it! My quicktime finally starting playing the .MXF files! Thank you all for the help. This website is saving jobs one post at a time, haha. Seriously, thanks guys.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]