FORUMS: list search recent posts

Recording using Letus

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Osborne
Recording using Letus
on Jun 19, 2009 at 8:03:52 pm

I've done some recordings with my panasonic with the Letus adapter and noticed that the picture is a little grainy. I was wondering if I should film in the Video Mode on the Camera or use the Film Mode which I've been using. I turned the scene file off. I just think the Letus adapter and the Film mode are competing to give me the film look. Hint- Too much of a good thing.

Rick

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
Re: Recording using Letus
on Jun 19, 2009 at 10:01:50 pm

Which Letus are you using? What was the fstop of your taking lens?

Jason Jenkins

Flowmotion Media

Video production... with style!

Return to posts index

Rick Osborne
on Jun 20, 2009 at 2:48:08 am

I am using the Letus Extreme. I am not really sure of the fstop settings. I've taped indoors and out, with the same effect.

Rick

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
on Jun 20, 2009 at 4:48:05 pm

First, make sure the Letus is turned on :) I've found that I can't stop down past f4 on the taking lens without seeing the grain of the ground glass. That could be your issue.

Jason Jenkins

Flowmotion Media

Video production... with style!

Return to posts index

Rick Osborne
on Jun 21, 2009 at 3:18:51 pm

Jason,

I've noticed you can definitely tell when the Letus is not on. I'll try to keep my stops above f4 and see if that works.

Return to posts index

Buck Kahler
on Jun 30, 2009 at 11:01:11 am

I've noticed that I see the grain quite a bit when my scene is too bright and I try stopping down on the HVX. Keep the lens wide open and make your adjustments on the HVX. I find that if you're trying to stop down below f4, you probably need to put on some ND. If the ND on the HVX is too much, look for some cheap ND for the lens itself.
-Buck

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]