FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to properly capture 480i/30p squeeze to FCP?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john garcia
How to properly capture 480i/30p squeeze to FCP?
on Jun 17, 2009 at 11:15:39 pm

Hello everyone,

I recently shot a dance recital on the HVX - mini DV- at 480i / 30p - aspect ratio = squeeze.

I want to know how to correctly capture on FCP because I must of done it wrong the first time around. Because the footage looks crappy compared to when I view it on my TV via the HVX and composite cables. Even on the LCD on the HVX it looks fine when in VCR mode. I really think I captured wrong because the reds BLEED right off the edges too!

I would appreciate any input guys! thanks in advance!

Diego

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: How to properly capture 480i/30p squeeze to FCP?
on Jun 18, 2009 at 12:08:11 am

Anamorphic!

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Diego Garcia
on Jun 18, 2009 at 1:01:16 am

Steve thanks for your time/reply. I'm so confused. I dont understand why on my timeline in FCP my footage looks like: what looks like 16:9

http://uploadpic.org/showpic-2750/picture_1.png

and then when i export quick time (current settings) i get this: what looks like 4:3

http://uploadpic.org/showpic-2753/picture_2.png

i dont understand it. all i want is to export as 16:9 and have it look great just as it was shot.

Thanks again
D

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Jun 18, 2009 at 3:24:11 pm

The file you exported from FCP is squeezed. If you encode it with Compressor and make a DVD with DVDSP and tell DVDSP that the file is 16:9, your DVD will play 16:9.

If the QT file is the final product and needs to play 16:9 you can open the file with QT Player (PRO) and export it changing the Aspect Ratio choice in Options to 16:9. You can also do this out of FCP by using Export > Using QT Conversion by opening Options and in the Video Settings select Aspect of 16:9.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.5 QT7.5.5 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870
ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE Enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
24" TV-Logic Monitor
Final Cut Studio 2 (up to date)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]