FORUMS: list search recent posts

Another P2 Error Thread

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh Greenbaum
Another P2 Error Thread
on Jun 16, 2009 at 3:16:57 pm

After searching the forum I'm surprised to have found nothing that matches the problem I'm having. I have all of my cards up in log and transfer so there are no incomplete clips. Several clips (but not all) from 2 of the cards do not transfer completely. In one example, the clip is 10 minutes long and plays through in the log and transfer preview window, but when I try to transfer it, it stops towards the end, gives me the exclamation point, and sometimes I end up with part of the clip in my capture scratch folder, and sometimes I get nothing. I tried with the remove pulldown box both checked and unchecked, and I get the same result. Any suggestions on how I can get this whole clip transferred to qt?

thanks!

Return to posts index

Josh Greenbaum
Re: Another P2 Error Thread
on Jun 16, 2009 at 9:28:50 pm

I should add that I am unable to copy the contents and last clip items back onto a P2 card to attempt an in camera repair because "some data could not be read or written." I can't copy or duplicate it either, and I am apprehensive to run the repair clip function in HD Log on the only existing copy of this media. Still lookin for a solution...

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 17, 2009 at 12:01:20 am

How are your capture scratch drives formatted? Please look in disk utility.

Return to posts index

Dave Neyman
on Jun 18, 2009 at 1:08:08 pm

Jeremy is asking how your drive is formatted because it makes a difference. If it is formatted FAT32 it has problems transferring large clips around the 4 GB size. An easy work around until you reformat the drive is to grab the first 5 minutes or so of the clip and transfer it as part 1 then grab from that out point to the end of the clip and call it part 2. You can then string back together in the time line.

Return to posts index

Josh Greenbaum
on Jun 18, 2009 at 2:33:51 pm

Thanks for getting back. I surrendered the drive to the techs at our post house, but I believe it is Mac OS Extended (Journaled). I did try to salvage the footage in segments at a time, but I still get the same error. I'll have to wait and see what the techs tell me later today.

--josh

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]