FORUMS: list search recent posts

Different Model Numbers?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Antonia Gogin
Different Model Numbers?
on Jun 14, 2009 at 12:36:23 pm

Hello there!

Could someone please help me with clarifying the differences between the AG-HVX200E, AG-HVX201AE, AG-HVX202E, and the AG-HVX202AEN.

I have seen all of these models listed on various U.S.websites selling the item.

Also is the only difference between the AG-HVX205A and the AG-HVX200A that the 205A is the model number in Japan and that it is also then NTSC.

Im looking into buying the PAL version of 200A in the U.S.

All these models are confusing me. Maybe someone reading knows the details offhand. If anyone has some tips...that would be great!!

Thanks!

Antonia

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Different Model Numbers?
on Jun 14, 2009 at 3:44:15 pm

Anything that isn't a US model per se will come with a foreign warranty- also referred to as a grey market or unauthorized import if you buy it in the US. It's the exact same camera basically but you'll be hosed if it ever needs warranty service or repair. And of course most grey market importers will lie and conceal this fact.

Noah

Writing RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Lens Adapter Guidebook, Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Antonia Gogin
on Jun 14, 2009 at 4:25:39 pm

Hey thanks for the tip....

Does that mean that the foreign warranty would be good in Germany if I bought a European model in the U.S. at a "grey market" shop?

....but could someone still clarify differences between the AG-HVX200AE, AG-HVX201AE, AG-HVX202E, and the AG-HVX202AEN

Thanks!

Antonia

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jun 14, 2009 at 6:22:31 pm

It depends- some are Europe, some are Japan.

-Noah

Writing RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Lens Adapter Guidebook, Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]