FORUMS: list search recent posts

HVX capture problems

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stef Allan
HVX capture problems
on Jun 11, 2009 at 3:58:24 am

I'm using my HVX as a miniDV deck with Final Cut Pro. Perhaps this should be in the DVX forum, but I'll post it here.

My computer is having problems recognizing the camera. The laptop (MacBook Pro) does not recognize a deck in log and capture if I plug the camera into the laptop's 400 port. Worse still: if I try to daisy chain the camera through an external hard drive the computer ceases to recognize the hard drive and I get a device removal warning.

I have tried every combination of two different cables, two different hard drives, and either direct connecting or daisy chaining the camera. This obviously leads me to believe that there is either a problem with the camera or the computer's ability to see the camera. I don't have any other cameras to try.

Thanks for the help,
Stef

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: HVX capture problems
on Jun 11, 2009 at 3:46:23 pm

Using FW for both your drive and camera is probably causing the problem. FW wants to see one or the other. Try connecting just the camera and see if it's recognized. Same with the drive. If both are recognized separately, then it's their combination that's causing the issue. You can solve this by getting an Express card FW port. Then you can plug your drive in one port and the camera in the other.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.5 QT7.5.5 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870
ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE Enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
24" TV-Logic Monitor
Final Cut Studio 2 (up to date)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Jun 11, 2009 at 10:02:18 pm

[Stef Allan] "Worse still: if I try to daisy chain the camera through an external hard drive the computer ceases to recognize the hard drive and I get a device removal warning. "
This should never be done, some people can get it to work but it is not recommended.

Is the camera in TAPE mode and VCR Mode?

Return to posts index

Heather Bailey
on Oct 14, 2009 at 1:38:09 am

I'm having the same issue just trying to capture from my HVX and it's the only device plugged into my MBP. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]