FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVC-Intra Spanned Clip Error

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pasquale Tropea
AVC-Intra Spanned Clip Error
on Jun 9, 2009 at 10:21:36 pm

hi,

i received footage from an HPX-2700, recording in 720pn25 ACV-I codec. the material is VFR at 50fps and is solely on one card. when i mounted the card via a PCD-20 card reader in P2CMS they were 9 clips. of the 9 clips they were 7 that appeared with exclamation icons indicating they are spanned and have not 'found' their 'partners'. upon closer inspection these clips are all identical in size, 4GB, follow each other in timecode and are frame accurate. what may have caused this strange behavior? the camera was used for aerial shots and was attached to the outside of a helicopter and recording was initiated immediately during take-off and left rolling until card full.

any insight? thanks,
pasquale

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: AVC-Intra Spanned Clip Error
on Jun 10, 2009 at 3:36:52 am

ANy chance that you used HD Log or p2 Log Pro to view these clips or edit the metadata before using P2CMS?

Also, any chance that you could zip the CLIP folder and upload it? It should be very small.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Pasquale Tropea
on Jun 10, 2009 at 9:40:50 am

hi jeremy,

no, these were read directly from P2 card into P2CMS. I've lifted the XML info you requested and added the lastclip.txt file too. what are you looking for exactly within the XML file?

i've used yousendit to send the zipped folder it'll be available for 7 days:
https://www.yousendit.com/download/MnFqZm1jQ1BxRTNIRGc9PQ

thank you,
pasquale

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 10, 2009 at 2:24:26 pm

**Edit

Looks like you are missing a clip called '00011H'. Any chance that went over to another card?

Also, is the first clip '0001V9' supposed to be spanned as well or is that a separate clip? Looks like the spans starts with the second clip.

Return to posts index

Pasquale Tropea
on Jun 10, 2009 at 6:18:33 pm

nice one! i've located the additional card. it seems like i was misinformed and the footage actually spanned 3 cards.

thanks for your help,
pasquale

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 10, 2009 at 11:08:12 pm

Glad you're up and running.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]