FORUMS: list search recent posts

HPX2000 Battery Settings

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Gerard
HPX2000 Battery Settings
on Jun 8, 2009 at 6:24:53 pm

In setting up the HPX2000, what battery selection would best match the IDX Endura10s batteries? Seems the camera is giving a warning way before the battery is low.

Any Ideas?

Matt

Its more fun to ride a slow motorcycle fast than a fast motorcycle slow...

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: HPX2000 Battery Settings
on Jun 8, 2009 at 9:06:40 pm

What do you have it set to now? Endura 9?

Return to posts index

Matt Gerard
on Jun 8, 2009 at 9:14:06 pm

Whatever the factory default is. (camera is in use at the moment, so I don't know exactly) But I don't see my batt in the list when I went to change it. But When the camera starts beeping, the indicator on the batt still says half full. If I let it go until the camera dies (did a test, not during a shoot!!) I get another 30-35 minuets operating time.

Just not sure what the equivalent battery is in the menu options.

Matt

Its more fun to ride a slow motorcycle fast than a fast motorcycle slow...

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 8, 2009 at 9:18:45 pm

There's three Endura settings in there. Try the one closest, if that doesn't work, try another.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

John Cummings
on Jun 9, 2009 at 1:52:24 pm

I had the opposite problem with my HDX. I wouldn't get enough warning before the battery crapped out.

While I'm not an expert, the best fix I found was to start with the factory setting for my battery...then over a period of uses, tweak the voltage setting for the warning. You can do that in the same menu as the presets. In your case, you would want to start by lowering the voltage setting until you hit the sweet spot with the warning.

It will always be somewhat of a moving target. Obviously there's a bunch of variables at play here: Each battery will age differently, environmental conditions like temperature will affect run times, and you may want to consider how much extra power you might be drawing due to any connected accessories like wirelesses.

In the case of a file-based recording system like P2, I would always opt for an earlier warning.

J Cummings
Cameralogic/Chicago
cameralogic.tv
HDX-900/HDW-730S/DXC-D50

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]