FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems Installing USB Driver for HVX200A.

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erik Blair
Problems Installing USB Driver for HVX200A.
on Jun 4, 2009 at 2:15:43 am

Hi, really dumb newbie question I think but I've just started using my HVX200A camera and I was trying to install the P2 Drivers and the USB Driver and ran into a problem with the installation, so I came here looking for help:

I ran the installation off both the CD-ROM and the downloaded driver from the Panasonic website, and both times when it gets to the USB driver page, I click the closest Driver there is (listed as HVX200).

Then it says:

"This installer will install AG-HVX200(P2 handheld) USB driver. Please connect AG-HVX200(P2 handheld) by USB 2.0"

I've got a USB 2.0 cable, and I've tried hooking it up but I can't get the installer to register it, so each time I click the Install button from that window, it just repeats that window over and over until I hit Cancel.

Can anyone help me figure out what's going on or what I've done wrong? I'm completely unclear on what I'm not doing correctly.

Thanks!

ErikB.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Problems Installing USB Driver for HVX200A.
on Jun 4, 2009 at 2:26:47 pm

I don't know the camera well. We have an HPX500. But, if it's like ours, there's a menu that lets you change the camera mode so it talks to the usb port. I'm sure it's in the manual. Check that out.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.5 QT7.5.5 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870
ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE Enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
24" TV-Logic Monitor
Final Cut Studio 2 (up to date)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Erik Blair
on Jun 4, 2009 at 10:06:21 pm

I've looked through the manual and other books.

I -think- I may have the solution but would love to see if others agree:

In order to properly install the USB drivers, do I have to A)have the P2 card in the camera and B)be in both PC mode and have the "USB" mode on in the "other options" menu?

Any help still appreciated on this. :)

Return to posts index

Craig Boone
on Jun 16, 2009 at 4:35:49 am

Hi Erik,

I'm a total novice and am experiencing the same problem with loading the P2 driver from the CD on my new pc running Vista. (I thought I would need the computer to go with my new camera and Adobe editing software, so even Vista is new to me.) I thought I found the solution like you did in the "Other Options" area of the camera when I reset to USB, but it did not do the trick. The P2 card and camera don't even appear on the computer in Windows Explorer. A few times I even got a red warning on the monitor on the camera that says "Turn power off." Did you ever get it working? And how? Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]