FORUMS: list search recent posts

32G vs 64G P2 E-Series Cards

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeffrey Venable
32G vs 64G P2 E-Series Cards
on Jun 3, 2009 at 5:43:25 pm

I've just bought an HPX170 and I'm looking at the best options for cards. I think the new E-Series looks like a fantastic deal!

Any thoughts on whether or not to go for the bigger 64G P2 card instead of the 32? Do you think there are reliability issues with a larger card like that? Also, do you think it would be smarter to buy 2 32G cards instead?

Jeff Venable
-Video + Editing + Photo-

Return to posts index

Rennie Klymyk
Re: 32G vs 64G P2 E-Series Cards
on Jun 3, 2009 at 6:45:26 pm

I didn't think the 64GB E-Series cards were out till August.

The biggest cards are usually the best price per GB.

The interface is the part that wears out and the E-Series cards are guaranteed for 5 years based on one insert per day as I understand it. I suppose the nature of what and how you shoot on average would enter into the equation at some point. If you find you normally load a card to 20 GB and then end up dumping the footage at that point it would make no sense to use a 64GB card. If you find you often capture 40 or more GB on a card before dumping then you should be getting the 64GB cards.

My cards go for long periods of no use between shoots so the one insertion per day doesn't effect me. I go for the biggest cards available so I can shoot in 1080 most times and not have to worry about running out of storage.

"thou can not stir a flower without crumbling a star" ......Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: 32G vs 64G P2 E-Series Cards
on Jun 4, 2009 at 4:54:08 am

One place 2 cards are better is if you are shoot long interviews or a long continuous shoot and have a P2 wrangler, that can offload the one card while you are shooting to the other. No right or wrong answer just which works best for your shooting situations.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]