FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio files are there, but show no info

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Geno Foster
Audio files are there, but show no info
on Jun 1, 2009 at 7:26:44 pm

I am trying to download P2 card footage, and have run into a very strange problem. All the video files seem to be ok, but many of the audio files display no information in the finder window - no icon, no size, no date modified, nothing (see pic).

Since the media is a Seagate Free Agent 500G, (which I see now is formatted for Windows....) USB 2.0 drive, I copied the media to our x-server. In the process, all the audio files with the funny info problem did not show up.

The camera used was a Panasonic HVX-200 with 32G cards.

Anybody know what this is?

"Be excellent to each other."

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Audio files are there, but show no info
on Jun 2, 2009 at 2:03:45 pm

Having no size is a bad sign. Where's the original MXF media? I'd try offloading the media again.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.5 QT7.5.5 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870
ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE Enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
24" TV-Logic Monitor
Final Cut Studio 2 (up to date)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Geno Foster
on Jun 3, 2009 at 12:13:34 am

The media was downloaded from the original cards, which were rented and returned.

But there is another backup drive, which of course I will utilize at some point if no solution appears in the meantime.

I was hoping that someone had maybe seen this type of thing before, and knew how to restore these files somehow, first, before messing with the backup files.

Additionally, I was just told that, upon the downloading the 3rd (of 3) cards, there was an error, so that card was re-downloaded. I think perhaps that's where the problem originated. Of course, there is no record of what error it was.

My first indication that there was something wrong here was when I copied to the media to our server, then opened the copied folders in the finder to look at the contents. When I opened the AUDIO folder of the 1st card, it had numerous files, but they immediately started disappearing, until there was just the ones left that are there now.

Has anybody seen this before?

"Be excellent to each other."

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Jun 3, 2009 at 1:55:25 pm

Were any of these files played back on the camera? After the cards were off-loaded did anyone check or play them? The first thing I'd check right now is if there is audio on the backup. If the finder is saying zero file size there's not much you can do other than go to your backup.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.5 QT7.5.5 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870
ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE Enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
24" TV-Logic Monitor
Final Cut Studio 2 (up to date)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 3, 2009 at 8:44:48 pm

Are there correspoding video MXFs to those audio MXFs?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]