FORUMS: list search recent posts

please help with hpx500 clip problems

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
damion Clinton
please help with hpx500 clip problems
on May 27, 2009 at 8:46:54 am

Hello all

My associate shot footage in 24p standard def and sorry thats all i know on his hpx500 settings. The camera is new to him so he's not sure as to what could be causing our problem.

Our problem is that when we import the clips (which are simply copied video folder from p2 folder to hard drive) and then imported clips from video folder into premiere pro 4) The clips are small in program monitor and require a 30 percent zoom to be applied in order to fill screen. It is as though they are actually a smaller resolution ie. 520X360 with black bars horizontal and vertical. The clip properties say the clips is 720X480.

I do pray that perhaps these clips are beeing importaed wrong perhaps they need to be captured via firewire for example, or are they actually layed down in this format and unretrievable in there intended 720X480 resolution. I downloaded the manual and can not find any settings in hpx500 that would produce these smaller clips which is encouraging, but clearly I could of missed something in the manual.

Please help!

This situation is serious as we have hours of this footage that can not be reshot easily if at all. Zooming is our only option at this point and this clearly degrades the footage as you can imagine.

Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: please help with hpx500 clip problems
on May 27, 2009 at 2:23:52 pm

I don't know Premiere, but is it possible you've imported a SD clip into an HD timeline? Check your settings. It might make more sense to ask this in the Premiere forum as it's more likely an import/setup issue and not an HPX issue. I've never seen the HPX produce non-standard-sized clips.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.5 QT7.5.5 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870
ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE Enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
24" TV-Logic Monitor
Final Cut Studio 2 (up to date)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: please help with hpx500 clip problems
on May 27, 2009 at 3:46:35 pm

Sound like he shot letterbox instead of anamorphic, or you are working in a standard 4x3 timeline and not using an anamorphic timeline. Your footage needs to be tagged anamorphic as well, although I am not that familiar with Premiere so I can't rally comment on how it works too well.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]