FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere pro. Too many audio tracks, I just want one stereo track. How?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Xavier de Champs
Premiere pro. Too many audio tracks, I just want one stereo track. How?
on May 21, 2009 at 7:56:24 am

When I work with P2 footage from my HPX170 in Premiere Pro CS4, I always get 4 tracks of audio. It´s too many, and it fills my timeline window vertically too fast. It uses too much real estate. Sometimes i delete 3 and 4, and use "punch in" from the source monitor and that works, but sometime I want to use the drag and drop function, but then Premiere creates those extra 3 and 4 audio tracks. Just too clumsy for me.

So my question is this. Is there any way I can get rid of the 3 and 4 tracks? Or preferebly conform everyting into just one stereo track? Are there any routing or interpreting functions to conform my footage to one stereo track? What are your workflows for this?

Return to posts index

Brett Howe
Re: Premiere pro. Too many audio tracks, I just want one stereo track. How?
on May 27, 2009 at 4:30:58 am

Hi Xavier

Take a look under your preferances setting, and click on the audio section.

THere you will find a source channel mapping option.

Select Stereo....and it should sort you out.

I'm am just experimenting with P2 at the moment. We are evaluating our HD expansion.

How has your experience been on premiere with the P2 MXF files?

Brett Howe
Creative Director / Producer
Brave Vision Pty Ltd

Return to posts index

Xavier de Champs
Re: Premiere pro. Too many audio tracks, I just want one stereo track. How?
on May 30, 2009 at 8:01:05 pm

Seems the HPX is always recording onto 4 mono tracks. But someone gave me a fix on the Premiere Pro forums, on how to route the channels.

Seems to do ok with premiere. Plays back pretty smoothly 720P on my Intel 2 Duo with 2 GB ram.But have heard a lot of bad things about Premiere CS4. A lot of people are experiencing bugs with the new version. It seems VERY slow when opening, and I am working with small projects (commercials). So it must take a lot of time to load a full feature.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]