FORUMS: list search recent posts

backup/copy P2 cards WITHOUT computer?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Trevor Ward
backup/copy P2 cards WITHOUT computer?
on May 20, 2009 at 6:17:37 pm

I'll be traveling to India this summer for a month. I'll need to be very mobile. Leaving the laptop at home and saving 5lbs will be awesome! Also one less thing I have to worry will break, get wet, or get stolen. Is there a way to copy the contents of the P2 cards onto my portable hard drive (possibly a RAID 1) without having to have a computer? I saw there is a product that will do this for Sony SxS cards. At this point, this single factor may determine if I use a panasonic or a sony.

-trevor ward
Red Eye Film Co.
http://www.redeyefilmco.com
orlando, fl

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: backup/copy P2 cards WITHOUT computer?
on May 20, 2009 at 11:11:27 pm

Yes. Get portable bus powered USB drives. Then in the MENU options, in option 9, you can change USB from USB DEVICE to USB HOST. Then in the Tumbnail menus, you can tell the camera to save the card contents to that drive.

Look this up in the manual, or the Barry Green book. The step by step is there, and I think the drive has to be formatted specifically. I haven't done this.

Of course you have downtime while the camera is doing this.

OR you spend $5k and get a P2 Mobile. Or $400 and get a cheap PC laptop.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on May 21, 2009 at 1:33:26 am

http://www.nextodiusa.com/

NEXTO Video Storage Pro: A portable storage device that can back up hundreds of hours of raw footage while in the field.
- Its the first of its kind that can backup directly from a Sony SxS card, and from a Panasonic P2 memory card via an adapter(Aside from what SOny and Panasonic makes of course). It can also back up from all other standard memory cards.
- It connects to your camcorder via USB port or standard memory card.
- It has an LCD screen so you can preview your video footage.
- It verifies when backup is complete and notifies you if memory card is corrupt.
- It features a free fall sensor so that it locks and safeguards your data the second its dropped.
- Multiple backup function allows you to back up directly to built-in hard drive and external hard drive simultaneously.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on May 28, 2009 at 12:06:22 am

Steve, that looks really cool but available soon also makes me sad.

Trevor, I would want to verify that I have copied the footage correctly before I had to delete cards, Dumping to a blind HD would have be worrying the entire time. I would definitely use to separate HDs if I went that route. By that is me.

Return to posts index

mary jones
on Feb 26, 2011 at 6:49:24 am

Hi there, i m mary jones, working in a BPO, i want to join you. I liked this site very much.
[url=http://www.backup-sensor.com]parking sensors[/url]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]