FORUMS: list search recent posts

HVX 200 won't switch to vcr mode or power off

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
erik gingles
HVX 200 won't switch to vcr mode or power off
on May 19, 2009 at 5:36:01 pm

Good Afternoon. Came up with a bit of snag during a commercial shoot. After roughly 7~10 minutes of use, the camera will not switch to VCR mode. In fact, the menu buttons also become unresponsive and the camera will not power off until the battery is removed. If we wait 10~15 minutes and plug the camera back in, we can access the VCR mode but only for about five minutes before the menu buttons freeze again.

The camera records fine, but in pause mode it will start doing a record check every ten seconds or so until you hit record. This starts to happen after a few minutes in pause mode.

Naturally, any help would be appreciated. I suspect this is a 'send to the shop' kind of thing.

Regards,

Erik

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: HVX 200 won't switch to vcr mode or power off
on May 20, 2009 at 5:24:38 pm

Yeah, it is a "send to the shop" kinda thing.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Dawson Dunning
on Jun 9, 2009 at 9:36:28 pm

Yeah, I have the exact same problem. The camera turns on fine, but the menu buttons and access to VCR mode is frozen. Same thing...worked once after waiting for half hour, but then froze again.

Erik, did you end up sending your camera in to get this fixed? Was it bad new?

Any thoughts greatly appreciated!
Cheers,
DD

Return to posts index

erik gingles
on Jun 10, 2009 at 12:05:54 pm

Hey DD. I had to send it in and the 'parts' were covered by the warranty but not the labour. It cost about $400.00 Cdn including shipping. I can't really see on the invoice what parts they replaced but it works. Which is a good thing because it was pretty difficult to shoot on location with no way to play back. I'd send it back for repairs.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]