FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need help viewing P2 footage on older G5

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tiffany Chung
Need help viewing P2 footage on older G5
on May 19, 2009 at 6:46:19 am

I need to view P2 footage that's been saved onto a drive for me. I've got the most updated FCP 6, but I'm on an older G5 (doesn't have Intel) and I'm having problems viewing the P2 footage. Log and Transfer says that the AVC-Intra is unsupported on PPC (what does that mean?). I'm trying to download P2 Viewer, and that doesn't work either. I'm in desperate need to figure this out ASAP and I have no other Macs on hand that I can use right now.

I've also tried importing the XML file itself, and for some odd reason, it won't let me import the XML file into FCP. Says that I need a translation document file to open it up. What does that mean?

I've also downloaded the P2 Driver, but I don't think it does me any good for what I need to do. I've downloaded P2 Viewer, but can't seem to open that/get that to work either. Is there another program that I can use to view P2 footage (aside from P2 Log?) that I don't have to pay for?

And I've also tried downloading P2CMS, and it's not working for me. I don't know what the heck I'm doing wrong... Or if it's only because my G5 is older and doesn't have the Intel chip.

Can anyone help me out with this problem, please? Really desperate to figure something out...

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Need help viewing P2 footage on older G5
on May 19, 2009 at 2:15:51 pm

AVC-I requires an intel processor.

Do you know anyone who has one?

Return to posts index

Tiffany Chung
on May 19, 2009 at 2:22:46 pm

Yea, I was thinking that the reason it might not work in FCP might be because my G5 doesn't have Intel.

I finally figured out how to get P2CMS working on my G5 last night. Thing is I can only hear audio, but I can't see video. Would you know why that is? My coworker also told me that the P2CMS on his Mac is doing the same thing and he has the latest MacBook Pro or something like that.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on May 19, 2009 at 3:25:48 pm

[Tiffany Chung] "Thing is I can only hear audio, but I can't see video. Would you know why that is?"

Becuase the AVC-I decoder is intel only. Look here under system requirements:

https://eww.pavc.panasonic.co.jp/pro-av/support/desk/e/download.htm#quickti...

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Tiffany Chung
on May 19, 2009 at 3:47:57 pm

Oh, I see. Alright. Thanks. My coworker's Mac should have Intel, but I guess he may not have installed the AVC-I Decoder yet. I'll let him know.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on May 19, 2009 at 4:04:09 pm

[Tiffany Chung] "My coworker's Mac should have Intel, but I guess he may not have installed the AVC-I Decoder yet. I'll let him know."

Cool. He won't be able to work with AVC-I footage without it.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]