FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do the image qualities of the HVX200 and Canon XH A1 compare?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Harrison Reinisch
How do the image qualities of the HVX200 and Canon XH A1 compare?
on May 15, 2009 at 4:17:50 am

I was wondering how significant/noticeable the difference would be, I shoot outdoors mountain biking, lots of scenery and dirt flying

thanks,

harrison

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: How do the image qualities of the HVX200 and Canon XH A1 compare?
on May 15, 2009 at 4:06:17 pm

[Harrison Reinisch] "dirt flying" Don't have any time with the canon but I think motion and especially something like dirt being kicked up is something that can break down pretty fast with any HDV camera. The long GOP compression just doesn't like fast/small changes frame to frame.

Return to posts index

Harrison Reinisch
on May 17, 2009 at 4:13:28 am

ok, does that mean the panasonic is better?

does dvcpro handle motion better?

is it worth getting the hvx over the xh a1?

Return to posts index

Adam Smith
on May 17, 2009 at 8:26:52 pm

He's saying that the intra-frame compression of DVCProHD could likely be a better choice for the type of fast action you describe.

HDV and other MPEG based codecs create smaller video recordings by storing a full frame of video and then only updating changes to that image for a specific number of frames (GOP) before repeating the process. This type of compression can be challenged by quickly changing content. DVCProHD stores every frame in it's entirety, so this is not an issue.

The HVX-200 might be a better choice in regards to recording format, but I'm sure there are other variables you'll want to compare before making a decision. For instance - keep in mind that the HVX-200 does not record HD to the mini-DV drive, HD is only recorded to P2 cards.

-Adam

- - -
Video Photographer / Avid & Final Cut Editor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]