FORUMS: list search recent posts

Does anyone use this adapter?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
carlos castro
Does anyone use this adapter?
on May 7, 2009 at 12:39:18 pm

The DuelAdapter ExpressCard slot PCMCIA card P2 card reader.

http://www.duel-systemsadapters.com/?productid=DP-0001

Its about 110 bucks, if anyone uses it do you recommend it? I would like to use it as a secondary option to off load p2 cards since my hpx300 only has 2 card slots. I'm trying to avoid having to stop shooting to off load cards if possible.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: Does anyone use this adapter?
on May 7, 2009 at 1:43:24 pm

A lot of us use it. It is very reliable. I use it along with Shotput Pro from Imagine Products.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

carlos castro
on May 7, 2009 at 1:54:55 pm

Thanks Steve,

I appreciate your input. I had someone mention it to me in passing and I wasn't sure whether or not it was reliable, I'll look into shotput as well.

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on May 7, 2009 at 2:17:12 pm

There have been posts about Duels breaking. We've had one about 2 years and no problems, If you're careful with it and not let it dangle off the desk it should be fine. That said, we carry a second one in our kit as we don't want our shoot shut down if it fails. We also carry a second drive besides our Raid0 and use Shotput to offload to both.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.5 QT7.5.5 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870
ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE Enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
24" TV-Logic Monitor
Final Cut Studio 2 (up to date)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

carlos castro
on May 7, 2009 at 2:36:58 pm

Thank you John,

I'm looking into shotput now acutally, I've heard of it but I've never used it. Quite frankly, I'm not sure how it works, I took Shane's advice about dual ext drives to off load to just to be safe, so I'll look into a 2nd adapter and shotput as well.

Thank you.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on May 7, 2009 at 4:16:40 pm

Shotput's easy to use. Basically, you tell it what to name the folders that store the data, and after that it creates new folders for each new card and increments the folder number automatically. You also point Shotput at the drives where you want the data stored. When you plug a P2 card into the Duel, ShotPut recognizes it. You check the box next to the NO NAME P2 card and tell Shotput to Begin Offload. Make sure you have File Contents Verification slected. That takes more time than File Size Comparison, but it's a truer verification. After the transfer, our video engineer always plays a couple of seconds of each clip in the captured folder to make sure both the audio and video are there. I'm somewhat anal about that (even with the verification).

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.5 QT7.5.5 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870
ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE Enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
24" TV-Logic Monitor
Final Cut Studio 2 (up to date)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

carlos castro
on May 7, 2009 at 5:54:42 pm

Thanks John,

I ordered the 2 card readers and I also picked up shotput since most of you all use it, and are seemingly happy with.

Thanks again all for the great info.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]