FORUMS: list search recent posts

Strange Vibrations

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Burrows
Strange Vibrations
on May 4, 2009 at 1:49:19 pm

Hi Everyone,

I recently noticed a strange, subtle vibration on the lens hood and lens area of my Panasonic HVX-200. This vibration is fairly subtle and it doesn't seem to affect any functions of the camera and it only happens when I'm in tape mode. I checked this quirk against another HVX-200 and it did not appear to be happening.

Any thoughts????

Thanks
Matt

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Strange Vibrations
on May 4, 2009 at 6:05:22 pm

What are you doing when you see this vibration? If you can see it, it has to be effecting the recording. Are you on a tripod? is OIS turned on?

Return to posts index

Matt Burrows
on May 4, 2009 at 6:24:57 pm

Well that's just it, you can't see it but if you put your hand on the lens hood you can barely feel it. Sort of like putting your hand on a power supply. To be honest, I don't think I checked the OIS. Let me check that and get back to you. I know that can cause problems if you're on a tripod.

Thanks
Matt

Return to posts index

Matthew Romanis
on May 5, 2009 at 9:05:04 pm

You're not just feeling the tape servos spinning when you are in tape mode?
Matthew.

Return to posts index

Matt Burrows
on May 5, 2009 at 9:01:10 pm

Actually, I really think that's exactly what I'm feeling. The guy I hired to run the HVX-200 on the shoot pointed the vibration out to me and I had never noticed it before so it sort of made me nervous. I've reviewed the footage and it all looks great. I tend to get paranoid when it comes to one of my money makers being on the fritz. This would be a really bad time to be down a camera. I checked it WITHOUT a tape and there was no vibration at all.

Thanks for your suggestion!

Matt Burrows
Columbia, SC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]