FORUMS: list search recent posts

dubbing from a DVD player to the HVX

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nelson May
dubbing from a DVD player to the HVX
on Apr 30, 2009 at 12:39:49 am

I am doing some low end work ad a favor for someone, and I don't have a capture card. Someone wanted some home movies transferred from VHS to DVD. I brought them into a DVD recorder, my my G4 and G5 will not see the DVD-R.

Anyway, I was reading that you can dub into the HVX via component? I wanted to make sure I read this right. Can I only go to tape, and are there any input setting I need to know about on the HVX to bring video/audio in through the component in?

G5, 1.7, 4MB RAM, 30"cine, G4, 1.6 2MB RAM, Mbox, Neumann TLM-103, FCP HD 5. Pro Tools, Adobe Creative Suite, Reason 3.0, Macromedia Studio, ProAnimator, HVX200 with Firestore v4.0

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: dubbing from a DVD player to the HVX
on Apr 30, 2009 at 9:54:06 pm

[Nelson May] "...I brought them into a DVD recorder, my my G4 and G5 will not see the DVD-R...."

Did you finalize the recorded DVD before trying in your computers?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Nelson May
on May 1, 2009 at 2:08:17 am

I know little about the DVD recorders. Even though I can make DVDs via DVDSP. The disc initialized and I am able to play it back on the DVD recorder. I will go back and see if there is another step. Man I wished I could afford a Matrox MXO2. Not for this, but I could have knocked this out nicely.

G5, 1.7, 4MB RAM, 30"cine, G4, 1.6 2MB RAM, Mbox, Neumann TLM-103, FCP HD 5. Pro Tools, Adobe Creative Suite, Reason 3.0, Macromedia Studio, ProAnimator, HVX200 with Firestore v4.0

Return to posts index

Nelson May
on May 4, 2009 at 6:38:07 pm

I just ran the DVD player or VCR into the camera and recorded to tape. It worked and I had to recapture to burn to a DVD. Not the best way to do it, but since I didn't have a capture card, it got the job done!

Thanks for the help

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]