FORUMS: list search recent posts

HPX500 LCD problems

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Lesante Jr.
HPX500 LCD problems
on Apr 28, 2009 at 4:23:46 pm

My LCD viewfinder on my HPX500 is not working.

This is the second time this has happened and I don't know why.

The first time it happened, it came on about 2 weeks later and has stayed on for months. Now all of a sudden it does not light up.

Is it a mode in the menu or a button on the camera that i am pushing by accident?

TIA

Return to posts index

Nate Stephens
Re: HPX500 LCD problems
on Apr 28, 2009 at 7:57:21 pm

There is a toggle switch at the front left side. It needs to be toggled off. It is a save button.. When on it saves battery juice or LCD or something..

I keep toggling it (or the crew does) when we put away the camera, so when we get it out of the case and go to shoot, we are always scrambling to remember the magic button

FCP, Mac Pro, Mac Book Pro, HPX500, HVX200, Betacam, Dvcam
Write for the Edit, Shoot for the Edit, Edit.....KISS Principle

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Apr 28, 2009 at 8:06:33 pm

I think that Save button only affects the LCD screen on the side of the 500. The other things I'd check are that the cable to the viewfinder is securely connected to the camera. Also jiggle the cable and see if that affects the viewfinder. There are 5 controls on the front that adjust brightness etc. Turn them all back and forth a couple of times. Although your camera can't be more than 2 years-old, perhaps one of those controls is dirty and causing the problem.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.5 QT7.5.5 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870
ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE Enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
24" TV-Logic Monitor
Final Cut Studio 2 (up to date)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Sam Lesante Jr.
on Apr 28, 2009 at 11:06:41 pm

Thanks Nate and John,

The "save" function was the culprit.

All these days of looking into the black and white viewfinder. It was so 2007 :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]