FORUMS: list search recent posts

Firestore - missing metadata

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Burgan
Firestore - missing metadata
on Apr 27, 2009 at 1:14:55 pm

Shooting on the HDX900 to a Firestore drive and simultaneously to tape as a backup.

Problem with transferring one longer clip of 13 minute where there may have been a battery problem on the Firestore. Can see the file in Panasonic's P2 Content Manager but get "There is no (null) file" when I try to ingest - clearly some missing metadata.

Is there a workaround for this to import to Final Cut or is my only option to go back to tape?

(FCP 6.0.5, QT7.6, OSX10.5.6)

Return to posts index

John Burgan
Re: Firestore - missing metadata
on Apr 27, 2009 at 4:23:03 pm

Update - I've been able to export to QT using MPEG Streamclip, even though the application says that MXF is an unsupported file type.

The problem however is with the audio which is also in this format. It's not difficult to identify and open the relevant audio clips, but attempting to export to any flavour of QT results in "Error: no movie frame". This is obviously all in the metadata that went missing.

To add to my frustration, I can even hear and see the clip in FCP's Log & Transfer tool (in sync), I just can't ingest it.

Is there a way round this? I should point out that although I do have the tape as an absolute backup, I don't have a deck and as the nearest hire facility is a good two-and-a-half hour's drive away, so if there is a workround out there I'd love to try it.

Return to posts index

John Burgan
Re: Firestore - missing metadata
on Apr 27, 2009 at 5:20:36 pm

Sometimes perseverance pays off: upgraded to the latest version of MPEG Streamclip (1.9.2) which allows audio export (as AIFF etc)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]