FORUMS: list search recent posts

Possible to see P2 AVC-I footage without Camera on PC?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Norman Greenwood
Possible to see P2 AVC-I footage without Camera on PC?
on Apr 16, 2009 at 9:40:22 am

I wanted to check out some footage someone shot with AVC-I on a HPX300. I downloaded the P2 drivers, and of course, I couldn't install the driver for the HPX300 because I do not have it one available.

I even installed the P2 Viewer for AVC-Intra to see if I could still load in the footage. But I get everything but the P2 Viewer program.

Is there a way I can see this AVC-Intra footage without the camera?

I remember using the P2 Viewer for AVC-I a few months back for some Varicam footage, but I never had to hook up the camera or use its CD drivers. Then again, I was on a Mac at the time, I am currently on a PC. Not sure if that has anything to do with though...

Thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Possible to see P2 AVC-I footage without Camera on PC?
on Apr 16, 2009 at 3:17:23 pm

I would think you need to download the P2 Content Management System for PC:

https://eww.pavc.panasonic.co.jp/pro-av/support/desk/e/download.htm#p2cms

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Norman Greenwood
on Apr 16, 2009 at 4:29:54 pm

I actually went to the download site and downloaded the AVC-Intra decoder for it, which also states it as the P2 viewer. The top option, P2CMS download, looks like it is only for DVCPRO in terms of the way they have it listed; but I will try it anyways. This could be my problem (and Panasonic for a bad way of listing it!).

Any further help in case this doesn't work would be great! And, thanks for the quick response.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 16, 2009 at 4:37:03 pm

If you look to the right of it in the "latest updates" section it says:

Ver1.2.0 for Windows supports AVC-Intra (decoder).

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Norman Greenwood
on Apr 16, 2009 at 7:07:50 pm

So, I originally downloaded the drivers for the PC, but I could not select any cameras because I did not have them on hand.

I then downloaded the AVC-Intra decoder as you specified.

Then, I downloaded the P2CMS.

However, now that I have the P2CMS up and running, it doesn't see any of the files from the HPX300 AVC-I footage.

I even tried dragging and dropping the contents of each folder, but none would take...

What am I doing wrong?

Return to posts index

Norman Greenwood
on Apr 16, 2009 at 7:25:50 pm

Oddly enough, in the Video subfolder of the Contents folder, the MXF files now have Windows Media Player symbols. I tried them out and I was able to see the footage.

However, I do not think the player is letting me see the entire clip, nor do I think it is processing it quite right.

Do I need to uninstall and reinstall everything? Or must I have the HPX300 in order to get the proper driver?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 16, 2009 at 8:41:36 pm

I don't know, I have never done this process on a PC. On a Mac, you open P2CMS and load the card into the application, you can then watch them clip by clip in P2CMS. the notes said you need to install P2 Viewer as well.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Norman Greenwood
on Apr 17, 2009 at 6:57:22 am

Yeah, it's pretty puzzling to me as well. Never had any of these problems on the Mac.

It may be also worthy mentioning that the files I have were sent to me over the net. In any case, I may try transferring them to the Mac and seeing if it works there. Maybe there's something wrong with the actual files.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]