FORUMS: list search recent posts

jerky picture

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Will Hommeyer
jerky picture
on Apr 9, 2009 at 4:19:36 pm

I have slowly become a big fan of the HVX 200. However, I’m puzzled by something and I’m hoping someone will have an answer for me. When panning I get these jerks in the picture. It’s as if the pan handle was bumped. It is especially a problem when I am using the Letus35 Extreme Lens Adapter with prime lenses. Is anyone else having this problem? Any clues on how to avoid it?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: jerky picture
on Apr 9, 2009 at 9:38:05 pm

Are you shooting 720p 24P or 24PN?

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Will Hommeyer
on Apr 9, 2009 at 10:02:53 pm

Yesterday I was doing a test in 720P/30PN with the Letus35 Extreme Lens Adapter and a 50mm lenses. It looked great but if I tried to do any moves it would jerk. I have had this happen occasionally at other times when shooting 24PN or 60P with the standard camera lens, however, it was much worse with the adapter and prime lens setup.

Return to posts index

Matthew Romanis
on Apr 9, 2009 at 10:36:35 pm

Is the optical stabiliser turned on?

Return to posts index

Will Hommeyer
on Apr 9, 2009 at 11:29:57 pm

Yes. It was on yesterday during my test. I usually have it on.

Return to posts index

Matthew Romanis
on Apr 9, 2009 at 11:40:10 pm

Try turning it off if you are on a tripod. Stabilisers work best and predictably when there is movement in at least 2 axis'. On a tripod you only get movement in one axis most times.
One more thing.
The jerky movement you are seeing, is it when you play back in camera or through a laptop?

Return to posts index

Will Hommeyer
on Apr 10, 2009 at 3:20:09 pm

Okay, I'll turn off the OIS. I do a lot of handheld work and have just gotten lazy about turning it off. It makes sense that OIS may be trying to stabilize my pan.

FYI, the jerks are definitely there after pulling clips into Final Cut and playing them back. Although, the effect is much worse when viewing in the LCD viewfinder.

Thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Apr 9, 2009 at 10:45:00 pm

I have not used that adapter, so I don't know what to say. But without the adapter I have not experienced what you have.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]