FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2-FCP-Input Error

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nate Stephens
P2-FCP-Input Error
on Apr 8, 2009 at 4:38:36 pm

Has any body seen this error "The problem may have been caused by the """ """ """libMXF_SDK_r.3.2.0.123.dylib plug-in""""

On my MacBook Pro 2.4 I am using FCP to import 32gb P2 cards, using the Dual Adaptor, and two USB external HDs in mirror raid...

The set up passed my testing last week and it did import half the job. I used 2 cameras, HVX200 and HPX500 to shoot yesterday. The MacBook imported the HPX-32gb P2 card with no trouble. But the HVX-32gb P2 card keeps crashing FCP with the above error message..

FCP project file and the project files are on the usb mirror HD..

Any history, any ideas

FCP, Mac Pro, Mac Book Pro, HPX500, HVX200, Betacam, Dvcam
Write for the Edit, Shoot for the Edit, Edit.....KISS Principle

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: P2-FCP-Input Error
on Apr 8, 2009 at 7:49:33 pm

SDK...sounds like a Software Development Kit file. Do you have Software Dev Kit stuff on your system?

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Nate Stephens
on Apr 8, 2009 at 7:59:11 pm

"Do you have Software Dev Kit stuff on your system?" Not that I am aware of..

It transferred the HPX 32GB just fine...

Thinking back, the HVX200 did lose a battery towards the end. The battery was replaced and the HVX200 restarted..

Would the possibility of the first clip (pre-battery failure) not having a "last Clip" or something like that file be the problem... if so what is the solution..

Thanks for the thoughts Shane

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 9, 2009 at 12:17:19 am

Can you load the card in P2CMS?

Return to posts index

Nate Stephens
on Apr 9, 2009 at 12:59:06 am

Thanks Jeremy, The answer is yes and no.. The clip after the battery was replaced plays just fine in P2CMS.. The first clip where the battery failed does not play in P2CMS.. it gives you an error message that """ It is not play back, It was not play back because there was incompleteness in the clip""" (yep that is their english)

Raylight has converted most of the first clips to quicktimes. The first clip seems to be made of a bunch of 19:51 minute segments.. But Raylight has not converted all the segments to .mov wrapped files. There is one that it does not like.

I guess the take away lesson is don't let your battery run dead... Replace it while you can still stop the recording and shut off the camera..

And the DV mode that I used is definitely not HD... What looked focused is soft. No noise, just too soft. The HPX500 seems easier to focus in 1080 than DV..

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 9, 2009 at 3:08:46 pm

You can try and reapir that clip by wither loading the footage back on to a P2 card and do it in camera for free, or you can try the P2Log Pro method for money.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Matthew Romanis
on Apr 9, 2009 at 10:52:13 pm

Neither of those cameras should power down fatally with just a flat battery. The circuitry allows for write off time upon detected voltage depletion.
Were the batteries OE or aftermarket? Some cheaper aftermarket batteries don't communicate with the camera properly, and may lead to fatal power down.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]