FORUMS: list search recent posts

Frame Rate Hack Timelapse

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tracy Peterson
Frame Rate Hack Timelapse
on Apr 5, 2009 at 7:18:44 am

Ok, have read the other posts, but there are some serious gaps in the collective information about this floating around:

1. Have set up a scene file as described here:

2. Shot at 720 60P 2 Frames a second with 350 deg shutter

3. Brought into a CS4 timeline at 720 60P

What I was expecting:

I expected my footage to be running at 30x speed with a little bit of motion blur from shutter angle.

What I got:

1x speed with 2 frame changes per second. Where have I misunderstood the setup? Is there anything else I need to set?

Thanks in advance

Tracy Peterson
http://www.onetwomany.com

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Frame Rate Hack Timelapse
on Apr 5, 2009 at 6:45:24 pm

[Tracy Peterson] "2. Shot at 720 60P 2 Frames a second with 350 deg shutter "
I would see this is your issue, with this setting you are telling the camera to record each frame 30x. If you put the camera in 30pN (Native is the key) it will only record those to frame a second.

On your footage, trying using FCP's log and capture (or something like that on another program) with the "remove duplicate frames" checked in the preferences. This will get you to the same place as if you shot on the pN mode. But pN would give you 30x record time on a P2 card.

Return to posts index

Tracy Peterson
Re: Frame Rate Hack Timelapse
on Apr 7, 2009 at 4:52:34 am

Ok, that was totally it. Got it shooting great footage in 720PN. Any chance this can be done in any 1080 resolutions?

Also, all the examples i've seen, using a 350d shutter, seemed to be much lighter, even at night, than the results I'm getting. Is there yet another setting I'm missing? Keeping in mind that all the night footage with 350d open aperture was not shot to card. Does the viewfinder/final shot on card differ in exposure?

Tracy Peterson
http://www.onetwomany.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]