FORUMS: list search recent posts

matching two cameras in SD

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jared Smith
matching two cameras in SD
on Mar 28, 2009 at 4:04:44 am

hey guys
due to conditions beyond my control I am not going to be able to use two hvx or two jvc cameras like i was hoping... i am stuck using a jvc gy-hd200 and an hvx200. however, i do not have enough p2 cards so i am going SD and shooting on tape. i need to know how to get the footage at least to be the same for editing timeline...
i realize the footage won't look identical but i need to know what to set the JVC to... i am doing 30p with the letterbox setting in 480 to tape on the hvx... so what do i do on the JVC- anyone? i figure flip it to DV and shoot to tape as well, but in the menu the only DV option is 60i... should i do that instead of 720/30p??? is any of this making sense...
i shoot tomorrow so i hope someone can get to this in time.
thanks a ton
jared

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: matching two cameras in SD
on Mar 29, 2009 at 3:05:03 am

I would NEVER shoot letterbox, both cameras are 16:9, shoot that and in the end if you want to letterbox the footage you can without a problem, but if you letterbox the footage on record you cannot get a 16:9 DVD without losing quality.

As for the cameras, time to break out the users manuals to fine the highest common denominator.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]