FORUMS: list search recent posts

Firestore with HDX900

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Andreas
Firestore with HDX900
on Mar 26, 2009 at 8:12:14 pm

I am about to purchase a Focus Devices Firestore FS-100 (250GB).

Does anybody have experience using it with an HDX900?
The new 250GB offers 11 hrs of DVCProHD recording (720/24)

I have rented it once before and there was some issues getting all the settings right betwen the 1394 Settings on the HDX and the settings on the Firestore.

I also heard from some operators that the device is temperamental -- any insight is much appreciated as I am about to purchase this beast.

And yes I am aware of the fact that the company filed CH11 but I am getting a good deal on the unit and instead of renting it I might as well just buy it.

Thanks for taking your time to respond to my posting

Daniel Andreas
Director of Photography
Los Angeles
DVW970 DigiBetacam PAL
SDX900
HDX900

http://www.IconSpots.com

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Firestore with HDX900
on Mar 26, 2009 at 9:48:47 pm

[Daniel Andreas] "I have rented it once before and there was some issues getting all the settings right betwen the 1394 Settings on the HDX and the settings on the Firestore. "
There are not issues, there are RIGHT and WRONG/INCOMPATIBLE settings. You have to learn what works. Instructions have to be followed

[Daniel Andreas] "I also heard from some operators that the device is temperamental -- any insight is much appreciated as I am about to purchase this beast. "
I, for one, will only use the FS-100 with locked down cameras. This is a spinning HD so I don't trust it for run and gun shooting, others may.

Learn the device inside and out and it should do fine for you. My 100GB FS-100 is harding being used now that larger cards are out. But for long concerts on a tripod it is price new to work with.

Return to posts index

Chad Hall
Re: Firestore with HDX900
on Apr 16, 2009 at 4:36:44 am

I have been using the FS-100 (100gig) version with my HDX900 for almost 2 years now. To answer your question, the firestore drive is tempermental and not always 100% reliable, but the beauty with the HDX900 is that you can roll tape simultaniously with the FS-100. For anything important, I never run it without a tape as backup.

Chad H.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]