FORUMS: list search recent posts

b-camera for HPX170

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony Lopez
b-camera for HPX170
on Mar 19, 2009 at 4:17:01 am

Hi,

New to the forum. I did some searching and found some useful info for a b-cam for the hvx-200, but couldn't find anything anywhere for the hpx170.
Most people seem to support the Canon HV20 as a b-cam for the 200, but since that records on tape should I go with the Hg20 or 30? Or doesn't that matter?

We're mostly doing internet based content, like concerts and documentary shorts and the b-cam would strictly be for cutaways and excess footage. But we would like one that will be fairly serviceable on HD televisions.

Looking to spend under 750 used or new. We are using the 170 in 720pn in DVCHD, but we are flexible on that if anyone has suggestions for a cam we could use with different settings.

Thanks so much, any help would be appreciated

Return to posts index

Christopher Wright
Re: b-camera for HPX170
on Mar 19, 2009 at 6:33:09 am

The HMC-150 is an excellent (and economical) choice for B camera for the hvx-200, hvx-200A or the HPX170. I recommend it highly.

Dual 2.5 G5, IO, Kona LH, IO, Medea Raid, UL4D, NVidia 6800, 4Gig RAM
Octocore 8 GB Ram, Radeon card, MBP, MXO
Windows Vista Adobe Studio CS4, Vegas 8.0, Lightwave 9.3, Sound Forge 9, Acid Pro 7, Continuum 5, Boris Red 4, Combustion 2008, Sapphire Effects

Return to posts index

madalina copac
Re: b-camera for HPX170
on Mar 23, 2010 at 10:47:36 am

Have you considered getting the XH-A1 as well as alotting some of that extra coin to perhaps investing in an HV20/30 as a nice B-cam? They make great location cams as well b/c of their ability to record a great image with fantastic portability.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]