FORUMS: list search recent posts

Spanned Clips

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Pence
Spanned Clips
on Mar 17, 2009 at 1:05:24 am

Hi all,

I've got a quick spanning question. First, HVX-200, 32GB & 4GB P2card, FCP6, MBP.

Here's the situation, cards were formated before the shoot, no deletion of clips during, transferred both cards to (2) separate folders, making sure both the the content folded and the last clip files were present for each folder. I don't think I even shot enough to fill the second card. (both were inserted during the shoot). Tried to Log and Transfer, (only showed (2) clips. That seems correct because the entire interview is there and only paused once during the shoot. Clips are listed as (spanned). Tried to transfer, red exclamation after, no transfer. Opened each folder I created for each card. 32GB had items 4GB did not. The entire interview (both clips) show and play in the Log and Transfer window. Is there anyway I can transfer what is seen in the L&T window if I can't get the spanned clips to transfer properly? Maybe with Raylight or another software?

Many thanks,
Jason

Return to posts index

Dave Neyman
Re: Spanned Clips
on Mar 17, 2009 at 1:42:10 pm

I'm not quite sure why this happens in FCP 6 but I've had the same issue transferring long takes. I think it's a software bug or something. Try grabbing them in segments around 10 minutes long and making the out point the new in point for the next clip. When you string them together they should play fine. That's the work around for the time being. I'm sure someone else with a little more knowledge can explain why it's doing this. If I recall, the earlier version of FCP did not have this issue.

Return to posts index

Jason Pence
Re: Spanned Clips
on Mar 17, 2009 at 2:37:14 pm

Thank you Dave! It worked like a charm.

May your day be filled with sunshine and good fortune.

Best,
Jason

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]