FORUMS: list search recent posts

Log & Transfer doesn't read all the P2 files

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Schiavolin
Log & Transfer doesn't read all the P2 files
on Mar 12, 2009 at 9:01:23 pm

Any idea why FCP's Log and Transfer isn't recognizing all my P2 Contents folders? I have 4 saved to a hard drive and it only pulls up 1. I can see them on the disk and I can import the MXF files and view the video in AE, but AE isn't picking up the audio. I also downloaded MXF QuickStat 1.2 and can read them there. What's the deal?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Log & Transfer doesn't read all the P2 files
on Mar 12, 2009 at 9:58:18 pm

Do you have the entire contents of the original P2 card- all the folders and various files that aren't video or audio? That is required for Log and Transfer to operate properly.

Noah

Check out My My FCP Blog and my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Sean Schiavolin
on Mar 13, 2009 at 4:39:40 am

Thanks Noah, all of the folders are there though.

Return to posts index

Sean Schiavolin
on Mar 13, 2009 at 6:11:24 pm

I isolated one of the folders that it wasn't recognizing and I got a error message: invalid directory structure. Is there anything I can do to fix the structure. It appears to look exactly the same as the others.

Return to posts index

Sean Schiavolin
on Mar 13, 2009 at 6:39:07 pm

OK, just in case anyone has been following my lonesome thread. I figured out my problem. When I copied the folders I renamed the contents folders to 123&4 so they could live in the same folder. Once I pulled them out and renamed them "contents" they worked.

Return to posts index

D. Scott Dobbie
on Mar 13, 2009 at 11:30:04 pm

That would do it. You can rename that "parent" folder that contains both the Contents folder and LASTCLIP.txt file, but you don't want to separate, combine or rename any of the others.

And you can't combine the "parent" folders, though they can certainly reside next to each other.

Then you simply select any "parent" folder, as though it was a P2 Card, when performing the Log & Transfer. Or select all the "parent" folders simultaneously to transfer all the footage (most helpful when you've got spanned clips).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]