FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't unlock P2 cards to change metadata also have MXF4mac

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Seth Keal
Can't unlock P2 cards to change metadata also have MXF4mac
on Mar 9, 2009 at 9:18:12 pm

Just bought mxf4mac thinking that it was the tool that I needed to unlock the P2 so that I could edit the metadata in P2CMS. Well for some reason, even using the mxf4mac's "unlock mxf files", my P2 still won't unlock. I can't unlock the P2 so therefore I can't edit the metadata. So if anyone knows how to resolve this issue I'd be thankful.

cheers
seth

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Can't unlock P2 cards to change metadata also have MXF4mac
on Mar 10, 2009 at 5:17:56 am

How are you trying to unlock?

Right click the folder and then choose 'unlock...'. you can also use the finder to unlock items.

What I don't understand is why you can't edit the metadata in P2CMS. That should work regardless of whether or not your mxf files are locked as the metadata is in the 'Clip' folder stored in teh XML files. You don't need MXF4mac for that.

Tell me more about your original problem.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

David Coleman
on Mar 10, 2009 at 2:27:25 pm

P2CMS will only save changes to the metadata if you've already copied the files from your locked card. If you try to change the metadata on a card before the contents are transferred--and if the card is locked as has been recommended by many--P2CMS won't save the changes.

Return to posts index

Seth Keal
on Mar 10, 2009 at 2:48:43 pm

The data from the card is sitting on a separate hard drive and I have tons of hours of footage to log.

. When I try and change metadata in P2cms I get this error message that says

[/Volumes/JOAN P2 A/JOAN_media_P2/joan_060308/joan_001/CONTENTS/CLIP/0001LM.XML] cannot be saved. Please confirm if it is locked.

I then went to the folder inside the P2 data folder and unlocked all of the XML files, which when I do that I still get the error message.

I can't put marks or anything with out getting the error message

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Mar 10, 2009 at 4:03:58 pm

Is your whole hard drive locked? Get info (command-i) on the hard drive and on one of the XML files. There's a little 'locked' checkbox. Are any of them checked?

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Seth Keal
on Mar 10, 2009 at 4:58:04 pm

The whole drive is not locked I have read and Write privlege on all of the possible users and I have ignore ownership unchecked.

As far as the P2 folders are concerned
all of the contents folders are locked and all of the files contained inside the contents folders are locked.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Mar 10, 2009 at 5:39:43 pm

Okay. If you unlock the contents folder (command-i on the folder and uncheck the 'locked' box) does it work then?

Return to posts index

Seth Keal
on Mar 10, 2009 at 6:03:48 pm

I tried that and it didn't work, that's what makes all this so confusing. I unlocked all of the folders in the contents file and it still doesn't allow me. Now I will say, don't know if I said this before, but on other drives some P2 contents files are locked and some aren't. I have no idea why this is. I dropped all P2 the same way, on the same computer.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]