FORUMS: list search recent posts

HVX-200 Audio Beep

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher Webb
HVX-200 Audio Beep
on Mar 8, 2009 at 6:19:24 pm

I have been a Panasonic fan for a long while. However, I have had a persistent audio problem with my HVX-200. There seems to be a fairly common audio beeping issue with this camera and 16GB, or larger, cards. After about a month trying to solve this issue I have learned a few things that I would like to share.

This beeping problem is an audible high pitched beeping that occurs when working with 16GB, or larger, cards. You can easily hear it if you turn up the headphones all the way and turn the inputs all the way down. Seems to be louder when setting inputs to the XLR jacks. If I start and stop recording I can hear the beeping begin and dissapear. You can hear this sound in playback and all the way through post.

The solution as explained to me is an audio board modification. I had this performed and the beeping sound went away on the top p2 slot only. I then had every other board in my HVX-200 exchanged and still have this audio problem.

I have heard this beeping sound on other HVX-200 units and the sound I am hearing on my camera is a little less rapid and softer that what seems to be the norm.

Most sound mixers I have worked with just mix it out in the field recoding without any issue. However, I have basically been shooting anything critical on the bottom slot only.

Director/Cameraman

CHRISTOPHER WEBB FILMS
cinematography production post

chris@christopherwebbfilms.com
http://www.christopherwebbfilms.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]