FORUMS: list search recent posts

panasonic p2 into premiere

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
anton hecht
panasonic p2 into premiere
on Mar 6, 2009 at 3:34:09 pm

Hi, I just want to check something... can you plug the p2 camera into your edit suite and then just see it as an exteranl hard drive and just then bring the footage into premiere. Somebody was saying if you don't got though a p2 slot, and you just drag the footage from the camera that quality is lost or even that it can;t be done that way. Can this be true? Please advise as I have no p2 slot.

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: panasonic p2 into premiere
on Mar 8, 2009 at 3:35:05 pm

Your post is confusing. If you have a P2 camera, it has to have slots for P2 cards. When you connect the camera via USB or firewire, your P2 cards will show up on the desktop.

I would never recommend editing directly off the P2 card. Always, always offload your cards to hard drives.

I don't know where you got your information from. It is all wrong. There is no quality loss from P2 media.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Adam Smith
Re: panasonic p2 into premiere
on Mar 9, 2009 at 1:36:58 am

If you connect the camera via USB or Firewire (with Firewire Device mode and with appropriate P2 drivers installed on the system) then the P2 cards will mount and you can copy the MXF folder structure to another drive, or import from the cards directly.

On my system, dragging the files off the P2 card is a VERY slow transfer... I'm not sure why. I use P2CMS to copy and catalog the footage, and it offloads the cards (with verify) probably five times faster than just dragging and dropping.

- - -
Video Photographer / Avid & Final Cut Editor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]