FORUMS: list search recent posts

FS-100 recombine QT clips

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Raven Plenty
FS-100 recombine QT clips
on Feb 26, 2009 at 11:04:09 pm

I am wondering if there is a simple way to recombine long QT clips into single files. The Firestore limit's clips to 1.9GB chunks, so a 6 minute clip is spread over 3-4 different QT files. I know that when using P2 format, they are recombined in the Log & Transfer process...can the same be done with QT clip fragments?

Return to posts index

Christopher Wright
Re: FS-100 recombine QT clips
on Mar 1, 2009 at 8:39:55 pm

Either Render all the clips into a single file or just nest the clips into a new comp. Either way is a quick and easy way to do what you are asking.

Dual 2.5 G5, IO, Kona LH, IO, Medea Raid, UL4D, NVidia 6800, 4Gig RAM
Octocore 8 GB Ram, Radeon card, MBP, MXO
Windows Vista Adobe Studio CS4, Vegas 8.0, Lightwave 9.3, Sound Forge 9, Acid Pro 7, Continuum 5, Boris Red 4, Combustion 2008, Sapphire Effects

Return to posts index

Raven Plenty
on Mar 2, 2009 at 4:13:43 pm

Thanks Christopher, that sounds promising, but...

"Render all the clips into a single file" - How do I do that?

"nest the clips into a new comp" - What's a "new comp"? Do you mean: make a nested sequence?

Return to posts index

Christopher Wright
on Mar 2, 2009 at 8:45:18 pm

You simply drag all your clips on the timeline and select Render>QT movie (NOT QT conversion), current settings. Or Nest your sequence. I prefer the latter because then you still have control of all the separate clips.

Dual 2.5 G5, IO, Kona LH, IO, Medea Raid, UL4D, NVidia 6800, 4Gig RAM
Octocore 8 GB Ram, Radeon card, MBP, MXO
Windows Vista Adobe Studio CS4, Vegas 8.0, Lightwave 9.3, Sound Forge 9, Acid Pro 7, Continuum 5, Boris Red 4, Combustion 2008, Sapphire Effects

Return to posts index

Raven Plenty
on Mar 2, 2009 at 10:40:13 pm

Very well. I wonder why FAT32 was chosen for the FS-100, since it seems slightly awkward having all these 1.9GB chunks. Surely there was a good reason...

Should we decide to Render > QT ... um... where is that option? I can't find it in any menus, and can't find anything about that in the manual either, it's all about rendering effects etc. Also, does that recompress the footage?

Many thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]