FORUMS: list search recent posts

adding metadata: reel and take names to p2 cards

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nelson May
adding metadata: reel and take names to p2 cards
on Feb 26, 2009 at 5:11:56 pm

I have finally read and learned the HVX200 and p2. I feel pretty good now, but I have a question about pre-naming clips. I don't know if this can be done or not, but I set up a P2 card to index with a roll and shot number instead of the random numbers the Camera generates when shooting a clip. I have a firestore and you can set up a lot of data. I just want to have more tangible numbers that correspond with a shot list. When I import the P2, I have count and make sure I have the correct clip. I don't want to use marker data since you can only add a marker while recording. If I could mark a clip after it is shot, it would help. I want to make sure I read the manual right, you can't mark a clip after it is shot.

Thanks,

G5, 1.7, 4MB RAM, 30"cine, G4, 1.6 2MB RAM, Mbox, Neumann TLM-103, FCP HD 5. Pro Tools, Adobe Creative Suite, Reason 3.0, Macromedia Studio, ProAnimator, HVX200 with Firestore v4.0

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: adding metadata: reel and take names to p2 cards
on Feb 26, 2009 at 5:27:53 pm

[Nelson May] "I want to make sure I read the manual right, you can't mark a clip after it is shot. "

Mark a clip how? You can edit metadata after it's shot. Unfortuantely, FCP is realitively bad at handling P2 metadata. For a glimpse at what's possible with metadata, p2 and FCP, check this out:

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/garchow_jeremy/dvc_pro_hd.php

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: adding metadata: reel and take names to p2 cards
on Feb 26, 2009 at 7:23:12 pm

Yes you can only mark (flag) a clip while recording. After shooting while the P2 card is still in the camera you can select your good takes by highlighting them. You can then select only your selected clips.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]