FORUMS: list search recent posts

FS-100 Footage Won't Show in L&T

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Raven Plenty
FS-100 Footage Won't Show in L&T
on Feb 25, 2009 at 6:00:34 pm

Hi, we've recently acquired an HVX with FS-100. Still ramping up on the learning curve. We've discovered that due the the FAT32 disk format, clips are broken into 1.9GB chunks. Is there any way around that? I was thinking that perhaps if we use Log & Transfer, the clips can be imported as whole intact clips. However, our footage is not showing up in L&T when we point it to the footage folder on FS-100. We have been shooting 1080i in QuickTime format. Does L&T only recognize P2 format?

Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: FS-100 Footage Won't Show in L&T
on Feb 25, 2009 at 10:42:40 pm

[Raven Plenty] "We have been shooting 1080i in QuickTime format. Does L&T only recognize P2 format?"

Yup. If you shot in the QT format, simply FILE>IMPORT your footage.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Raven Plenty
on Feb 26, 2009 at 8:14:15 pm

Great, thanks Shane. However, the footage isn't showing up there either. In fact we've shot test footage in both P2 and QT format, and neither clips are working via L&T or Import. We are getting an "invalid directory structure" error in both cases. It's an 8-core Mac Pro running Leopard, with FCP Studio 2.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Feb 26, 2009 at 9:23:51 pm

[Raven Plenty] "We are getting an "invalid directory structure" error in both cases."

Well, I have ZERO experience with the Firestore, but I know if you shoot as P2 and not QT, that you need to use the option PREPARE FOR P2 so that it will make the proper file structure. Have you done that?

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Raven Plenty
on Feb 26, 2009 at 10:47:44 pm

That did it, thanks! FYI, on the FS-100 it's Utilities > Organize P2.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]