FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2 Driver wont load with SxS driver on MacbookPro

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonny Bonny
P2 Driver wont load with SxS driver on MacbookPro
on Feb 16, 2009 at 7:00:15 pm

I bought a Sony Ex1 and installed the SxS drivers and have been editing with FCP 6.0.5 for 6 months now, no problem. One of my clients uses Panasonic P2. I use an HPX 500 and I have downloaded and tried to install the P2 driver along with Duel Systems SxS card slot extension which reads the P2 cards.

There seems to be a major problem having both Sony and Panasonic drivers on the MacBook Pro. I have only seen the P2 card on my desktop once after launching FCP and Log and Transfer. I was able to view the P2 files. I took the P2 card out of the reader and placed another into the Duel Systems slot and the icon disappeared from the desk top.

The closest I have come to solving this dilemma is a colleague saying I need to irradicate all signs of the SxS drivers from the Mac (or even reloading the whole mac software again. Im loathed to do this.

Has any one had a similar problem and found a solution.

Kind regards

Jonny Bonny
MacBook Pro 2.33 Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
OSX Ver 10.4.11
FCP 605

Jay Bee
London

Return to posts index

joe hedge
Re: P2 Driver wont load with SxS driver on MacbookPro
on Feb 16, 2009 at 9:01:10 pm

google or search forum for "duel p2 driver leopard"

Return to posts index

Jan Crittenden Livingston
on Feb 16, 2009 at 10:47:52 pm

I have seen this more than once. Uninstall the SxS driver. There is something there that works against the P2 Drivers. It perhaps is using the same path for something. Whatever, Uninstall the SxS and it will be fine.

Best,

Jan

Jan Crittenden Livingston
Product Manager, HPX500, HVX200, DVX100
Panasonic Broadcast & TV Systems

Return to posts index

Jonny Bonny
on Feb 17, 2009 at 8:15:55 am

Many thanks. I have uninstalled the SxS driver and now the P2 card appears all the time. Problem solved. When using the Mac Book Pro in the field in the future with a client wanting SxS system, do you think uninstalling the P2 drivers and reinstalling the SxS drivers is feasible? I assume regular swapping of the two systems' drivers wouldnt be advisable for the mac.

Thank you for your replies.

JB

Jay Bee
London

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]