FORUMS: list search recent posts

Log and Transfer of INCOMPLETE P2 files

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Weinstein
Log and Transfer of INCOMPLETE P2 files
on Feb 15, 2009 at 3:42:41 pm

Hi.

So, after running a pretty smooth ship (grabbing P2's, copying them across to an external drive out in the field for transferring later)....we missed copying across a P2 card.
It must have been a pretty important one because SEVERAL clips from the previous card say INCOMPLETE.
Some transferred anyway.
TWO did not.
They begin to transfer and then just hold up at the end and then a BIG RED EXCLAMATION point comes on letting me know that this Incomplete clip did not load...I've tried twice. I can see that the incomplete clip has about 4:45 of interview on it I'd really like. I'll just take whatever part is on the card I successfully copied.
HOW DOES ONE DOWNLOAD AS MUCH OF AN INCOMPLETE CLIP AS POSSIBLE?

Thanks you.

Return to posts index

Rich Fletcher
Re: Log and Transfer of INCOMPLETE P2 files
on May 29, 2009 at 5:28:20 pm

I just had a similar experience. Shoot went fine, then upon downloading I noticed my card indicated only 8-gigs used of the 16 gig card. The camera told me I was running out of space when I pulled it to insert a 32-gig card and kept shooting.

Now, in FCP log and transfer, I get a file that has a clip name with a grayed-out (incomplete) after it. I'm missing the first four minutes on that clip. How do I get it back? Where did it go? Is this a known issue?

I've had my HVX200 for two years and never experienced this issue.

Can anyone lend some insight?

Thanks,
Rich Fletcher
Animas Media, LLC

Return to posts index

Rich Fletcher
Re: Log and Transfer of INCOMPLETE P2 files
on May 29, 2009 at 7:23:46 pm

DOH !!

Never mind. The rest of the stuff is on the companion card. I haven't had a shoot "roll over" from one card to another for so long that I'd forgotten what the (incomplete) thing means. It means the data is part of a shot that filled the companion card in the camera before it rolled over onto the card that reads (incomplete).

So, uh, yeah....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]