Shooting a full moon with HVX 200

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Vanderveken
Shooting a full moon with HVX 200
on Feb 12, 2009 at 7:45:55 pm

Hello,

Is it possible to shoot a full moon at night with a Panasonic HVX 201
(European version)? It would be the first time for me so any advice about what I should do (settings and such) are very welcome.

Thank you.

I want to learn...

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Shooting a full moon with HVX 200
on Feb 12, 2009 at 10:15:30 pm

Really depends on how you want it to look- anything's possible but I'd just CG it in...

Noah

Check out My My FCP Blog and my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Feb 13, 2009 at 3:24:29 am

This is one of the right of passages of every still photographer, everyone gets dominos until they realize that the exposure is the same as a bright sunny day. (anyone remember the sunny 16 rule?) It is not a night shot, the moon is lit with the full force of the sun. So the hard part is trying to get the full moon in the same frame as night light scene, that is hard to balance since you have to bring up the scene to daylight levels. The good thing is if you just have the moon and sky the sky will go really black when you have proper exposure of the moon.

Return to posts index

David Vanderveken
on Feb 13, 2009 at 11:02:59 pm

Thanx for the advice !!

I want to learn...

Return to posts index

Ian Choplick
on Feb 18, 2009 at 4:18:36 am

Wouldn't shooting a lock of the shot, exposing one for the moon and another shot for the rest of the scene?? Then in post matting it out.

Or like Noah says, CG it in. You could shoot the tightest you can get of the moon at the right exposure and then drop it in another scene..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]