FORUMS: list search recent posts

MacBook for P2 Transfer

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Bernard
MacBook for P2 Transfer
on Feb 10, 2009 at 1:02:18 am

Has anyone had any luck using a MacBook in the field for P2 transfer? I know the process for MacBook Pro using the card reader but not sure if there is any way to connect using a smaller MacBook. I don't want to tie up the camera so I'm looking for a card reader of some sort that works with the black MacBook 2.4 GHz. Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: MacBook for P2 Transfer
on Feb 10, 2009 at 2:03:38 am

Well, using a MacBOOK and not a MacBook PRO makes this more expensive. Instead of getting a $99 adapter (Duel Systems Adapter) for the Express34 slot that the MacBook Pro has, you have to get a stand-alone reader...and they ain't cheap.

P2 Gear - http://www.abelcine.com/store/product.php?productid=1000325
$3650.

Five card reader - http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/455632-REG/Panasonic_AJ_PCD20_AJPCD20...
$1900

Or get a cheap Sony Vaio or other PC laptop with a PCMCIA slot...or older Powerbook G4.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Michael Bernard
on Feb 10, 2009 at 2:11:26 am

Thanks Shane. I had heard about the 5 card reader but didn't know the cost. Like the size of the MacBook but makes sense to go MBP. I appreciate your feedback.

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Feb 10, 2009 at 3:39:55 am

The MacBook is just not designed for pro tasks... Get teh base model 15 inch... well worht the few extra dollars in RAM alone

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]