FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2 Viewing on a Mac

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Evans
P2 Viewing on a Mac
on Feb 3, 2009 at 4:34:28 pm

I am new to the world of MXF files and hoping someone can help me out.

I recently shot a short with the HVX200 camera on P2 cards. I downloaded to my MacBook Pro and then installed teh Panasonic diver and P2Mgt software for viewing. Everything worked fine and I also backed everything up to a portable drive. I have since purchased a 24" Imac 3.06 ghz and migrated all of my files over. I also installed the panasonic driver and software there. When I went to ingest the content into the viewer nothing happened. I went to the MacBok Pro and the same issue. I then played around with the locked symbol on the grey file icons and it seemed to help in some instance.

As a side note, the files will play in the info preview pane on the Mac and alo within FCP. Any known settings on the Mac that could cause this.

Sorry for the rambling, but any idea why all of a sudden the files won't pay in the viewer.

Jim

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: P2 Viewing on a Mac
on Feb 3, 2009 at 8:42:59 pm

You say ingest, but have you tried log and transfer?

Did you install FCP on your iMac? Not migration, but a real install?

Return to posts index

Jim Evans
on Feb 3, 2009 at 9:25:52 pm

I didn't migrate any programs over, only documents and files. FCP was a fresh install and I did a test last night and log and transfer work. I'm just curious if the migration of mxf files from the macbook to the Imac could have caused a hiccup with panasonics P2 Mgt program(aka a viewer). It's that program I have an issue with.

Do you know anything about that program and if it's decent enough for just viewing MXF files? I was using it to just view the MXF files on the Macbook pro

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 3, 2009 at 10:43:36 pm

P2CMS should be fine for viewing. Reinstall it if it's giving you trouble.

Can you please tell me exactly what is happeneing as your terms are confsuing me.

You say you are ingesting it in to the viewer, do oyu mean in FCP or do you mean ingesting in to the database of P2CMS? P2Mgt is not a program that I am aware of. Please try and be very specific.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]