FORUMS: list search recent posts

SD CARDS AND HDTV's

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Terry Flaxton
SD CARDS AND HDTV's
on Jan 31, 2009 at 12:52:04 pm

This may not be the right forum - but I'm now getting desperate and crazy...

For the last few days I've been banging my head very hard on the wall. I suddenly had the idea that if memory cards could write data in camera - then be used for capture on to computer, they maybe they could also deliver data to an HDTV. I know you're supposed to be able to take a card from a camera with AVCHD files and push them out through a tv - but what if you wanted to edit a program and then put a plasma in a Mall without a blu ray DVD player and just use the card slot in a tv like a plasma viera 42 inch ? This becomes important if you have several plasmas to feed and want to cut cost down.

So I just coded, transcoded, put out blue ray images - all kinds of stuff. Nothing worked. The card reader in the tv says mpeg 2 or acvhd - I bought various bits of software - unfortunately the only card reader I have is a little digital camera and so it worries me that the file structure on something like this may not be good for movie playbak - also, if the tv is 1920 x 1080 - should the files be that and if so at what level should the card be ? Is SDHC fast enough to deliver the data.

Has anyone done this - is an Mpeg 2 or AVCHD file from a camera markedly different from that generated on a pc or mac ???

A long term DP - likes 35mm and HD equally - changing with digital media - Began as a commercials editor !

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]