FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2 and FCP Log and Transfer

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kim Rowley
P2 and FCP Log and Transfer
on Jan 30, 2009 at 8:32:26 am

Hi all. I got no response on the FCP forum so i thought I'd throw the question out over here. In the Log and Transfer interface of FCP Is there any way to adjust the size of the video window? I find it uncomfortably small. Is this a request for the next update of FCP or am I missing something?
Thanks!

Dual 2.7 GHz G5, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon 9650, Xserve RAID, AJA IO, 2 20" Cinema Display, FCP Studio 2 (6.02), OS X10.4.11

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: P2 and FCP Log and Transfer
on Jan 30, 2009 at 4:27:29 pm

That's the way it's always been unfortunately. It's best to just ingest everything.

Noah

Check out My My FCP Blog and my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Kim Rowley
on Jan 30, 2009 at 4:57:00 pm

Thanks Noah. That's what I was afraid of... I have too much material to ingest everything. I'll write Apple and ask for a bigger window for Christmas.

Dual 2.7 GHz G5, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon 9650, Xserve RAID, AJA IO, 2 20" Cinema Display, FCP Studio 2 (6.02), OS X10.4.11

Return to posts index

Paulo Jan
on Jan 30, 2009 at 8:58:39 pm

Do you mean the thumbnails for each clip, or the playback window on the right? Because if it's the latter, you can actually chane its size. Just drag the lower-right corner of the Log & Transfer window to make it bigger, and the playback window will scale appropiatedly.

(Sorry if this sounds terribly obvious, but your post was ambiguous about which window you meant.)

Return to posts index

Kim Rowley
on Jan 30, 2009 at 9:58:21 pm

No problem Paulo. Actually I did try that but it really doesn't make a huge difference. I was not referring to the thumbnails but rather the actual viewing window.

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Feb 2, 2009 at 4:36:36 am

You're not using an external monitor?

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Kim Rowley
on Feb 2, 2009 at 6:49:13 am

In the Log and transfer mode unless I am missing somthing, I don't think you can see your video on an external monitor.

Return to posts index

Paulo Jan
on Feb 2, 2009 at 3:54:37 pm

(Sorry for the late answer. I was out for the weekend and couldn't post until now).

Sorry, my answer was a bit inaccurate. I don't know if you've already found out on your own, but you don't have just to drag the lower-right part of the window: you can also rearrange each of the areas of the Log & Transfer window by dragging the "lines" that separate them. This way, your viewer will probably become bigger than by just dragging the corner.

Return to posts index

Kim Rowley
on Feb 2, 2009 at 4:07:11 pm

Great Paulo! Eureka :) Now I got it. Thanks, that makes things easier on the eyes.
All the best, kim

Return to posts index

Jason Kamimura
on Jul 22, 2009 at 12:10:07 am

In the Log and Transfer window there is a line above the logging button. If you drag this line down it will resize the window. You can also drag the bar to the left of the viewing window.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]