FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid and P2 FIle Problem

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dusty powers
Avid and P2 FIle Problem
on Jan 26, 2009 at 1:16:03 am

I have a network client which I shot timelapse footage for on the HVX-200A. I backed up from the P2 transfers to a couple of WD My Book HDs. I have Adobe CS3 and checked both HDs by importing the video files and all was there and working.

My client is using Avid Symphony system and tells me he is getting an error message when trying to import the video file. He is telling me he thinks I did a bogus transfer. I disagree. I believe he needs to update his Avid system and make sure he gets the correct P2 driver.

The sad part is that they are now trying to push the Sony EX system for future pick up shots because that seems to be more user friendly for them.

Just a note.... I did all my other shooting for them with the HDX-900. Of course that's tape and seems to be easier to work with in house for them.

Any ideas as to what may be going on with the Avid when trying to open the video file?

Thank you in advance.

DP

dusty powers
http://www.hdcrew.net

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Avid and P2 FIle Problem
on Jan 27, 2009 at 2:16:41 am

What version of the Avid software are they using? How did you give them the files? Full card structure, or only the Audio and Video MXF folders?

Need more of your full workflow here so we can determine what went wrong.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

dusty powers
Re: Avid and P2 FIle Problem
on Jan 27, 2009 at 3:05:50 am

I do not have the Avid software version. I've asked if it was the latest and did not get a response.

The mxf files were given to them on a WD HD which I checked and verified all was there with Adobe CS3. The files were correctly transfered to the HD from the P2.

I heard today that they actually sent the WD HD to Avid to have them troubleshoot the problem.

I think it's a Avid P2 driver update problem. I've experienced so many times in the past 35 years technical problems getting blamed on cameras and cameramen when in fact the problem was on the post side because of one's lack of knowledge.

Thanks, dp

dusty powers
http://www.hdcrew.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]